Digital marketing can feel like walking a deep-woods trail at night, with a flickering flashlight—but it doesn't have to be that way.
Digital marketing builds on the "marketing mix" foundation that Neil Borden presented in 1953. Products still need to be promoted, at a price that customers are willing to pay, and in a place they can find. Yet today, more than ever before, the art of marketing promotion relies on the science of marketing.
A well-crafted brand still needs a strategic digital marketing plan so that it will get noticed. Mark can chart your digital marketing course.
• Paying the top auction price won't get you top billing in a paid search if your site's quality score is low.
• Tweets with images earn 150% more retweets than ones without images (1).
• Facebook posts with images see 2.3x more engagement than ones without images (2).
• Infographics are "liked" and shared three times more than any other content (3).
• Every social media platform (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) has different image resolution and ratio requirements (4).
• The quantity and quality of incoming links affects your site's search ranking.
• Social media can help at all points of the marketing funnel, but it is especially important as you seek to build a trust in your brand.
Fred Dalton Thompson as Admiral Painter, The Hunt for Red October